Sunday, December 20, 2009

JOBURG'S FINESTS: THE HAIR ISSUE

I came up with a small concept to make my blog posts a little more exciting. I feel there's only so much we can write about celebrities, designers and basically things that are a bit far from real life. I wanted to focus more on real people that I knew personally and who lived in my city: Johannesburg, South Africa. I always complain about the lack of individuality that people have in Jo'burg and I always say that I wish there were more people who would just be different and exciting about not only the dress sense but their style as a whole, ie the way you wear your hair, your make-up, your clothes... basically everything that makes up one's style. These are the people that really teach you things about fashion and that inspire you to take risks and embrace your personal style, no matter how unconventional it may be. I have chosen to start this series of Jo'burg's Finests with the Hair Category... Let me introduce you to two gorgeous girls who know how to rock their locks... bet it long or short, they just know how to do it...

Meet Amy Rawhani... the Persian Pearl... this vintage-wearing, red lips-rocking and Mos Def-loving and advocate-aspiring beauty has experienced it all when it comes to her hair. She's worn it long, short, curly, wavy, straight, baby locked, bangs... and quite frankly, (it's frustrating to say but) there's no hair style that does not suite this girl. Oh well, if you don't believe me... judge for yourselves





Let me introduce you to Sindi-Leigh Mcbride, by far one of the cutest people if ever met (no seriously)... I don't even think these pictures do her justice. she's featured on the blog twice before (she's that cool) . I chose Sindi for this post simply because I loved the way her style as whole matures with her. When I met her in my first year in university, she was always very trendy and always looked on point... she had long, flowy hair that always looked gorgeous and now she's sporting a very short 'do that is super hot... just check her out... and hopefully you'll learn something from her...




xGx

No comments:

Post a Comment