Monday, February 22, 2010

FROM THE BATTLEFIELD TO THE CATWALK

Balmain RTW 2010


Garance Dore

 

D&G Autumn/Winter 09/10




Moschino A/W 09/10



Trussardi A/W 09/10


 

Photos: Garance Dore, Style.com

There's no escaping it... military jackets are everywhere, it started with the trophy jacket ' à la Michael Jackson' featured in the Balmain S/S 09, and now  In the Balmain RTW 2010 we see even more 'ready to step on the battlefield' wear in the Balmain RTW 2010, however it was done with a bit of a twist... distressed leathers, chains and torn jeans... khaki and I especially love the fact that although the military trend is making a comeback, it's doing so without overloading us with camouflage like it did in the past. The gold in the jackets also adds that element of luxury to the military trend... beautiful. On Garance Dore's blog... I also discovered a hint of the trend that I loved... mixing lace and a military jacket... I would've never thought of it but wow... does it look great. And for the men... D&G, Trussardi and Moschino also adapted this trend... and I must say that it looks great on the men too... It seems as though as soon as you throw one of the jackets on, you can't help but have an attitude... I guess it comes with the territory... I thought I'd leave you with Rihanna's video - Hard... where the entire theme is war... although I think Rihanna doesn't have much of a personality when it comes to her style (everything looks like it was dictated to her)... this video is beautifully styled...

xGx

No comments:

Post a Comment